About my daily schedule, every morning we have Prayer for the Nations at 6:30am, where we pray for the Unreached People Group of the day, according to joshuaproject.net, then we have Worship and a Bible study from 8-9:30am. We have Mission Training classes from 9:30am-1:30pm, then Lunch, then we have daily chores. On Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays we leave the base and go into the town of Tlaxiaco and do ministry after chores. Mondays are going to be our Sabbath days. We had our first visit to Tlaxiaco last night, we were oriented to the town, and then had tacos at a local establishment. Everyone stared at us...like we were a bunch of white folks in a Mexican city or something! :) While at dinner in town, the topic of discussion at my table was intestinal amoebas and parasites, how ironic.
The flies are rampant down here...everywhere you are, they are. We had a pig slaughter the other day, one of the pigs on base was sick, so they had to kill her, and we have been eating her for the past couple of days. We keep all of our left over food for pigslop. There are also some chickens and roosters on base. I think the roosters are a bit confused. They call out at all times of the day, not just in the morning. We have two guard dogs here, both German Shepherds, they are huge. Names: Adrian and Junior.
So, the weather down here is all over the map. The days here are normally pretty warm, the nights get chilly, and it rains every afternoon. I try to read in the afternoons, as we have 2-3 books to read per week, and weekly book reports on those books. There are about 20 students in my class, some singles, some married with children (families live on base as well).
Well, that will be all for my first post! I do not know how often I will be able to update this, as you never know when the internet is actually going to work and I am new to this blogging idea!
Blessings,
Missy
8 comments:
Hi Missy,
You might want to save some of your table scraps for Adrian and Junior. You should make friends with them. What is it like to be in a country that you are probably at the median height? It's great to hear that you are doing good. We miss you and we are praying for you.
HI MISSY!
It's wonderful to see you here. What kind of ministry are you doing?
We'll be praying for you...
Sarah (Kennedy) Curtis
Hi Missy,
It's mom and dad. We love that you have a blog now. Took us a couple of days to figure out how to leave a post. (Don't shake your head!!) We love you!!!
test
Hi Missy -
Its Rick, Tammy, Tyler and Taylor :) We just wanted to say hi! Were thinking about you and are praying for you. Stay safe!
smissy,
I am so excited to hear about your travels and experiences down there. I am so proud of you!!! I think of you often. When you get back and I am done with school we should meet up and talk about how much we have grown and about how much our lives have been changing. I am so happy you got to experience an opportunity like this and I hope you can take many life lessons with you. I plan on student teaching in the Dominican Republic next Spring, not exactly the same as your plans in Mexico but still nearly the same type of environment. I will try to keep you posted. God Bless Missy and good luck down there. DON'T DRINK THE WATER... :)
You are in my prayers!
- Danielle (Packard)
Hey Missy Ashey!
Dang, I'm having a tough time figuring this blogging thing out. I have tried a couple of times & failed miserably. Each time I try I think I've done it right but, alas, it doesn't show up. Hmmm. Hopefully I will succeed this time.
I absolutely love reading your blog. It's good for the mental stability of your mom and your aunts...ha! I crack up because I can picture you saying every word. I think of you every day and wonder what you're doing. I have to say I did wrinkle my nose at some of your descriptions. Toilet fishing, cold showers, and flies wouldn't be fun. However, I would love the dogs and the Mexican food. Don't tell Grandpa Guy but I love Mexican food equally as much as Italian food. Our secret K?! Please take care, be safe, and know that we are all proud of you.
Love ya,
Aunt Pat
Mooshy! Is this the only way those who love you can communicate with you?? Our momsies were chatting a few days ago (Sandra said for several hours!) and my mom can't believe the Tamster let you go either... but I hope you are having the experience of your lifetime! Can't wait to talk again soon, miss you, all my love... Hosh
Post a Comment