I want to especially thank all of you who supported me financially and in prayer during my time in Mexico. Really, thank you so much, you've been such a blessing to me and to many Mexicans whose lives were touched as a result of GFM's presence and involvement in Tlaxiaco. Also, if the site allows, I will be posting a pictures-with-commentary slideshow here of the time I had in Mexico. So, watch for that in the near future! :D
Monday, April 27, 2009
Back in the United States
Hello! It's April, and I officially back in the US, and have been for a few weeks. I found the transition back to life in the States to be a bit more difficult than I had imagined it--we talked about reverse culture shock upon re-entry, and I have to admit to experiencing some of that. I felt it strongest when I walked into one of our American shopping malls...oh my goodness, talk about excess, I walked into a department of huge, decorative, and (by all true functionality purposes) useless handbags/purses. Although, a lot of that initial culture shock has worn off now, and I have readjusted to life in the States pretty well, I would say--although I do still sometimes forget that I can flush the toilet paper here, so I throw it out in the trash can. I am currently craving Velveeta macaroni and cheese often; it's one of the food items that I missed most down there, but I am now beginning to really crave some traditional Mexican dishes, and might have to soon stop into an authentic Mexican restaurant to get a quick fix. It's good to be home though, and to get to see my family more often and catch up with them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment