Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Canadian Thanksgiving
So, here at the GFM base, we have quite a few Canadians. And, October 13th marks the Canadian Thanksgiving! When asked what the reason for the Thanksgiving celebration is in Canada, the Canadians will tell you that they celebrate the big harvest, the harvesting of their crops for the year. So on Monday, the 13th we had a traditional Canadian Thanksgiving meal! It was great, the tables were decorated with 'Fall' favors and we had more food on the base than we'd ever seen since we've gotten here! There was a little bit of turkey, a little bit of ham, and a lot of chicken, sweet potato casserole, broccoli salad, some kind of noodle salad, strawberry jello, tea biscuits, mashed potatoes with carrots mixed in (apparently that's how they eat mashed potatoes...), pumpkin cookies, pumpkin pie, butter tarts, and a traditional Canadian bar of which I have no hope of remembering the name. One of the Canadians even made a funny powerpoint "Quiz" about famous Canadians. It was a great and fun day, and a nice little reminder of home!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey Missy! It sounds like you're having a very fun/interesting experience in Mexico. Keep the blogs coming. I'm very proud of you and I miss you!
-Daniel
Lol I am a Canadian and I have never heard of mashed potatoes with carrots in them.
Post a Comment